I feel like I’m always apologising for lack of posts recently, sorry! I’m moving to a new flat in a few weeks, my brother has just moved to China for 18 months and I’ve had a few hospital appointments that kept me busy. I hope to be back on track in a few weeks and posting a lot more than I have been.
Anyway, I made a delicious Dragon Bowl last night and thought I would share it. I got the jist of it from ‘The Garden of Vegan’ cookbook, and the dressing is practically the same as the one in there, but the main recipe changed a lot.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado/a handful of cashew nuts (toasted or untoasted)
- Place the rice in a pan with enough water and cook
- When the rice is done, add the spinach, carrot and red onion to the pan, cover and leave for 5 minutes or so. During this time I make the dressing.
- Dish into bowls, top with avocado or cashew nuts (or both) and slather in dressing. NOM.
Sarah and Tanya’s You-Must-Make-This-Dressing (adjusted for what I did)
- 1 tbsp chopped red onion (I just took a bit from what was going in the dragon bowl)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsps fresh chives
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup olive all
- Put everything in a blender and whizz it up.
This was so much better than I imagined it would be. Kind of like a salad but kind of not…
Give it a go anyway. The original recipe said it serves 2, but I reckon you can get 3 out of this, it’s strangely filling.