I just made these tonight as I had a sudden urge to bake. They’re reasonably healthy, delicious and easy to make. They would be good for a quick breakfast methinks (not that I would know, I never have breakfast).
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/3 cup water
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly grease a large baking tray.
- In a medium sized bowl sift together the flour and bicarb and set to one side
- In a food processor blend the apricots with the water until you get a puree. Add the lemon zest and sugar and blend until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pineapple and vanilla to the puree and stir.
- Slowly add the flour and oil until mixed in. Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden. Leave to cool before cutting into rectangles.