“fucking delicious” and “orgasmic” were the compliments of two very impressed friends who tried this last night. We managed to finish off half a pan of the stuff while we attempted to make caramelised bananas. It was a good meal.
I used Asda’s meat free chicken pieces for this, but you can use whatever fake chicken you want, or try tofu.
- 2-3 cups fake chicken, cut into bitesize pieces
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Splash of liquid smoke
- Mix together the flour, salt, paprika, herbs, pepper and nutritional yeast and set aside in a bowl
- In another bowl have the soy milk
- Dip the chick’n into the flour mix, into the soy milk and back into the flour mix, rolling until covered in the coating before setting to one side.
- When all the chick’n is coated heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the chick’n pieces.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy. Splash the liquid smoke over the chick’n and fry for a few more minutes before serving.