I’m posting a lot of recipes with mock meat at the moment because it’s been really convenient while I’ve been with family over the holidays. Will probably be back to the basics soon now that I’m back at home and on a budget.
I made this just after Christmas with the leftover veg and it was ace. There are a fair amount of ingredients as I chucked pretty much whatever I could find in there. You can make this as big or as small as you want, so I wont be putting exact measurements.
- Onion, chopped
- Garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Root Veg (I used carrots, parsnips and potatoes), chopped into bitesize chunks
- Mock chicken and chorizo (I used Redwoods), chopped
- Handful of rice
- Vegetable stock
- Chilli flakes
- Bouquet Garni
- Hot pepper Sauce, I used just a splash
- Salt and Pepper
- Dumplings (optional)
- Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the onions until soft.
- Add the rest of the veg, garlic, chick’n and chorizo and fry until the veg is soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add enough stock to cover the vegetables, add the bouquet garni, and a pinch of chilli flakes. Simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the dumplings, salsa, rice, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper and simmer for a further 20 minutes.