Tofu scramble is probably my favourite tofu dish. It’s simple and really easy to get right. I’ve probably tried 10 different scrambles but salsa scramble has been the most successful.
- 1 block firm tofu, drained and mashed
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tsp black salt (for the eggy taste)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, mix together the tofu, turmeric, black salt, salsa and coriander. Set to one side
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until soft. Add the tofu mixture and fry until golden and all the liquid has disappeared.
- Stir in the avocado and serve
This is best served on toast or wrapped in a tortilla