It’s the Slimming World Christmas Party tonight…I know, incredibly early, but it’s being celebrated this week because it’s 12 weeks until Christmas and we’re being encouraged to buy a 12 week countdown to commit up until then.
For the party we’re having our usual start of the month taster and it’s on a Christmas theme. I’ve never really had to think about cooking for other people at Christmas, especially non vegans, so I was at a bit of a loss with what to make. I didn’t want to do baked tofu because I travel half an hour on the train and I also don’t think many people would try it. I considered doing a couscous stuffing but I’ve been exercising all week and I’m tired. I decided to go for an easy dip/spread type thing instead. I thought it would give people ideas of what to eat on crackers instead of the dreaded cheese/cheeze board on Christmas day.
So here we go…Mushroom Pate (syn free!)
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 pack of oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 1 pack of closed cup chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 3-4 handfuls chopped parsley
- 1 pinch of thyme
- Splash of soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- Fry Light
- Heat the Fry Light in a pan and fry the onions for a good 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the onion, mushrooms, half the parsley and thyme. Cook for about 15 minutes, until all the juices have run out of the mushrooms.
- Transfer to a bowl, add some soy sauce, nutmeg, salt and pepper and blitz with a hand blender until relatively smooth. Stir in the rest of the parsley
- Let the mixture cool before refrigerating for at least an hour before serving.