I love risotto but can rarely be arsed to spend the time cooking it. It’s totally worth it when you get the craving though. This is one of my favourite risotto recipes, hope you like..
Lemon, Leek and Pea Risotto
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 bay leaves
- 250g aborrio rice
- 1 litre of stock
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- A load of peas (sorry, never measure them out, just bung them in!)
- Vegan parmesan (I used about 2 syns worth, an entire pot is 14 syns)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional, you could use fry light…1/2 Healthy extra B per serving)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the leeks, onion and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the bay leaves and rice and cook for a few minutes, until the rice is coated in the veggies and oil.
- Pour the stock in 1 ladle at a time, adding more when it absorbs. Stir constantly for the first 5-10 minutes. When you have the last few ladles of stock left, add the peas. The rice is cooked when all the stock is absorbed, it should be nice and creamy (about 20 minutes)
- Add the lemon juice and rind and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan, season with salt and pepper and leave the dish to rest off the heat for a few minutes before serving