After my last post you’ll be surprised to hear that I’ve been on a bit of a health kick for the last week or so. I’m trying to eat more fruit and cut down on all the white bread and refined sugar. Although I’ve cut down on the sugar and my cravings have become easier to ignore, I have felt like something sweet over the last few days.
Simple Vegan Ice Cream – Choc Chip Edition
- 2 bananas, chopped and kept in the freezer at least overnight
- A handful of chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- First tip. Freeze the bananas overnight. I tried doing this after freezing them for just two hours. It was a gooey mess and didn’t quite hold up. If freezing for a longer period of time, leave them out for 10 minutes or so until you try blitzing them. Mine were in the freezer for over a week and I found I had to add a little oat milk to get mine to cream up.
- Second tip. A blender doesn’t work as well as a food processor for this. Trust me!
- Right, you’re ready to go. Pop the bananas into a food processor and blitz until soft and gooey. Add a little non dairy milk if you need to. Add a handful of chocolate chips + vanilla and whizz it up until just combined. Then you’re all good to go. Get eatin’