I realised the other day that for some reason cucumber has been overlooked during my seasonal experiment. I also had some of this Irish Wakame kicking about in the cupboards, so I quickly put this together to rectify the situation.
Cucumber Seaweed Salad
- 1/2 a large cucumber
- a handful of tried wakame seaweed
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- Rehydrate the seaweed in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes or so
- Chop the cucumber into small bitesize pieces and pop into a large-ish bowl.
- Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce and sesame oil
- Drain and chop the wakame and stir into the cucumber mix
Serves 2 as a side dish
I love simple salads, and this dish can’t get any simpler than it already is. The thing I love best about this is the fact that there’s no chilling time, no waiting around. You can prepare everything in the five minutes it takes to rehydrate the seaweed and then everything is ready to go.
I served mine with some funky vegan cod fillets I got from a Chinese supermarket today. And because I’m incredibly childish, here’s a photo of some hilariously cheeky mushroom boullion I also managed to get my hands on.