Today I bring you the world’s most pointless vegetable side dish. I found this recipe in The Complete Home Cookbook.
A bargain at 99p from my local RSPCA charity shop. This book has over 160 weird and wonderful recipes. But the very best of these are in the vegetable section, where it becomes very obvious very quickly that the writers of this book do not know how to make vegetables exciting. They do know how to make them look really funny though.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 4 tbsp soya butter
- 4 tbsp finely chopped almonds
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Remove the leaves and trim the stem from the cauliflower
- Place the entire cauliflower in boiling water the right side up. Boil for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Drain and pop on a plate
- Melt the soya butter in a small pan and add the almonds and breadcrumbs. Cook for a few minutes until crisp.
- Spoon the breadcrumbs over the cauliflower and serve immediately.
If you’d like to try a more normal topping, check out this Easy Peasy Cheesy Topping from Adventures in Mindful Living. Also spotting this uhhmazing Sweet potato and Peanut Burger from Zsu’s Vegan Pantry