I cannot believe it’s the 12th day of Vegan Mofo 2014 already! I’m even more amazed that I’m still posting and that I’ve managed to blog every single day! Go me!
To celebrate the end of the week and the fact that I’m still taking part in Mofo, I have something really disgusting to share with you.
No, no, it’s not the cover of The 90s Vegetarian that has repulsed me, it’s the content inside. Some of the recipes create the illusion that this book ain’t so bad… and then others lure you in, with fake temptation that makes you imagine for just a second that everything is going to be okay. You won’t go hungry.
Well I feel like a fool right now.
- 6 dried prunes, soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes
- 450g potatoes
- 140g plain white flour
- icing sugar for dusting
- Boil the potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes or so until tender
- Peel the potatoes and mash. Add the flour and salt and mix together
- Knead the potato mixture well. Form into balls and place a prune in each gnocci. Place on a floured board.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Cook the gnocci for a few minutes until they begin bobbing to hte top.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and arrange on a serving dish. Dust with icing sugar before serving.