Apologies for the late post today, I had a Mofo fail and had to quickly whip up something else from my plan. Luckily the Daily Mail Book Of Party Time Cookery had something to offer.
I know, looks horrible doesn’t it? I had a feeling cooking from this book would only lead to badness. The Daily Mail does not know how to party or have a good time and when I was flicking through, I was genuinely surprised I didn’t come across any casual racism amongst the recipes. I decided to make the Frankfurter and Pineapple Salad because it sounded gross and I was lucky enough to have all the ingredients lying around the kitchen.
- 220g rice
- 1 pack Taifun tofu weiners
- 1 small pineapple
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 pack of tempeh/faux bacon
- french dressing
- Bring some water to the boil and cook the rice. Once cooked drain and run under cold water until cool.
- Heat some oil in the pan, chop the tempeh into bitesize pieces and fry until crisp.
- Slice the tofu weiners, chop the pineapple and slice the tomatoes.
- Put the tempeh, tofu weiners, pineapple and tomatoes into a large bowl
- Stir through the rice and splash on a generous amount of french dressing and give it a good mix