I’ve never been that into cream, as a child I hated it. Recently my opinion changed when I came across a great brand of vegan squirty cream. I don’t know how it happened, but somehow I ended up in bed, in the dark, blasting that frothy, sweet nectar directly into my mouth and repulsing my partner at the same time. I have no regrets. Since that life changing and slightly disgusting event, I feel that I can truly appreciate the book I am presenting today…
Clever with Cream. I love the piping effect on the title but the best part of this book are the chapters; Casual with Cream and Cream has Company are two of my favourites. Less keen on the horribly sexist Chauvinistic Cream and Cream with Compliments but we’ll skip over those. I decided to settle on something savoury in the Complete it with Cream section Beef Gulyas
- 1 x recipe for homemade seitan
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50g soya butter
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 peppers, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 carton oatly cream
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Melt half the butter in a large pan and fry the onions until softened but not brown.
- Add the rest of the butter and seitan, fry until browned. Add the paprika and bay leave and cook for a further 3 minutes. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Pop the peppers and garlic in the pan and fry for a few minutes. Add the tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil. Pour into the casserole dish and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pop into the oven and bake for an hour or so.
- Mix the oatly and vinegar and pour into the casserole once removed from the oven.