It may be Mofo #20 here today but it’s also Caturday round 3! Today I am presenting you with the cookbook that started this dedicated day of the week; The Cat Lovers Cookbook
This book is just so awesome. It’s hard to find the words to describe how much I love it. I know for sure that this will not be ending up at a charity shop at the end of Mofo 14, it’s gonna stay on my bookshelf for life. This is a collection of what the author describes as good food for people who enjoy the company of cats. Sounds right up my street.
The book includes not only recipes but pictures and stories of cats that have been in the authors life. It’s really sweet. I spend a lot of time with our Aidah and I also spend a lot of time eating and there’s a recipe in this book that blew my cat n food lovin’ mind.
Macaroni Cheese Stuffed Chick’n
- 1 recipe vegan cheese sauce (I used the New Farm recipe because it’s the best one)
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- 2 packets sosmix (or if you can find it a chick’n roast mix)
- crumbled up chick’n stock cube (omit if you find the alternative chick’n mix)
- 1/2 cup grated vegan cheese
- Heat the oven to 200C
- Mix the cheese sauce with the cooked macaroni, saving some to top the chick’n with.
- Make up the sosmix, adding the crumbled chick’n stock. When it’s ready separate the mixture into four equal pieces. Flatten each bit of mixture, pop a tbsp or two of the macaroni in there and then fold over and shape into chick’n breasts.
- Place on a baking try and cover with cheese sauce and some grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Do any of you take your cats out for walks? Have a great Caturday everyone!