Welcome to the final Caturday of Vegan Mofo 2014. I wanted to make this a really lovely post with more stories of Aidah but after a visit to the vet this week and some bad news, it’s been stressful and upsetting and I’m finding it too hard to write about.Without going into details, she is going to be okay.
I have made something from a cat related book that has already appeared in Mofo, the Garfield Cookbook. When I saw a recipe for a Sour Cream Apple Pie I just couldn’t say no.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cups cooking apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tub tofutti sour cream
- 1/4 cup soya yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup soya butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 220C and put the pie crust into your pie dish. Top with the chopped apples
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar, flour, salt, sour cream, yogurt and vanilla. Pour over the apple mixture. Pop into the oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven to 180C and continue to bake for a further 30 minutes.
- While it’s baking mix the topping ingredients together.
- Remove the pie from the oven, cover with the topping and bake for a final 10 minutes until golden.