I cannot believe it! The final day of Vegan Mofo 2014 is already here! I still cannot believe I managed to stick with this for the entire month. It’s been an awesome experience and I finally have some enthusiasm for blogging again but enough going on! I want to present you with my Mofo finale, which comes from this awesome novelty cake book.
I got this book off my Partner, his grandmother used to let him flick through this book as a child and pick out what birthday cake he wanted. Really sweet, right? I figured this was a special enough occasion for me to pick my own cakes. There was a dinosaur, so I went with that obviously.
- 2 x vanilla sponge cakes
- 1 batch of green buttercream
- 1 pack of vegan mint thins
- a few toothpicks
- chocolate beans/skittles
- chocolate buttons
- Cut one of the cakes in half and cut both halves in a wave like shape to form the legs and stomach.
- Cut a third from the other cake. Cut a curved 1 inch wide strip, 3 inches long from the outside edge of the cake for the neck and head. From the large piece of cake, cut out a curved shape to form the chest, reserving the small piece for the tail.
- Sandwich the 3 cakes together with butter icing with the chest piece in the middle, place the tail in position.
- Attach the head to the body with toothpicks.
- Coat the cake in the buttercream, arrange the mint thins along the spine to look like spikes, use the chocolate beans/skittles for eyes and place chocolate buttons for spots.