Most Retro Recipe
Oh God Mofo. Are you really doing this to me again? REALLY?
Okay. So I might as well go for a classic, and what will work in a waffle iron? And that’s when I thought of Prawn Cocktail. Easy enough, salad, prawns, a sauce made from mayo and ketchup. Easy!
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup soy milk with a splash of white vinegar mixed in
- 1/2 packet of veggie prawns
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- splash of lemon juice
- splash of hot sauce
- Grease and preheat the waffle iron.
- Get the batter together, mixing the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl. Add the oil and curdled soy milk. Mix
- Coat the prawns in the batter and pop into the waffle iron. Make sure you spread them quite far apart. Repeat until prawns are cooked.
- Chop the lettuce and make the sauce by mixing the mayo, ketchup, lemon and hot sauce together.
- Serve in a dish placing the prawns over a bed of lettuce and smother in sauce.