OMG. Barack Obama is coming over because he knows you make awesome vegan food! What are you going to make?
Uh, sorry but no. Obama is not coming into my house. No politician is coming into this house. I’d totally make these bakewell waffles while they sit around outside feeling rejected though
The Bakewell Waffle
- 1 pack of ready to roll short crust pastry
- strawberry jam
- frangipane (I used this recipe:)
- glace cherries
- icing sugar and water
- Preheat the waffle iron and roll out the pastry. Divide the pastry into 12 squares.
- Spoon a little of the frangipane onto the pastry. Add a dollop of jam and then fold the square over and crimp the edges. Do this for all the squares.
- Place the tart into the waffle iron and cook according to your machines directions.
- When cooked, serve by spreading a little jam onto a plate, top with a waffle tart, put a little more jam on and top with another tart.
- Make some icing and drizzle on top, top with a glace cherry.
Ah these are so awesome, they’re easy and so so delicious. They really do taste just like a bakewell tart but without any effort! Be careful not to overfill your pies and for goodness sake be careful with that hot, hot jam when you remove the waffles from the iron. It BURNS! You will get some leakage with these and the iron will get messy, which is the only downside. Just try and scoop out all the leaked jam before the iron cools down and it sets.