What three endless food supplies would you take if you were stranded on a desert island?
So while we’re imagining that my nutritional needs are already met, let’s also imagine that I have a waffle iron and source of electricity with me too. This was a really hard one because there are so many awesome flavours that I would miss but they probably wouldn’t be a good waffle combination. I decided to go for a combo that I know I will love forever…chocolate, biscuits and waffles…It’s rocky road time!
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 75g plain chocolate chopped
- 5 bourbon biscuits, bashed into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cup soy milk
- splash of vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- splash of vanilla extract
- vegan marshmallows
- Preheat the waffle iron and mix together the soy milk and vinegar in a jug. Set aside to curdle
- Mix together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the chocolate and biscuits.
- Pour the curdled milk, oil and vanilla into the flour mixture and stir until combined. Use a 1/3 cup to scoop the mixture into the waffle iron. Cook according to your machines instructions.
- When the waffles are done, top one of them with lots of marshmallows, pop under the grill and melt. Top with another waffle, ice cream, chocolate sauce, maple syrup and more marshmallows