Make a dish using all seasonal produce
I’m gonna apologise in advance for this post, I don’t think it’s one of my best. I’m back from Beijing, suffering from jet lag and just whipped this together last minute. I thought I’d get a last minute idea for this prompt but I didn’t, so I’ve basically just put courgette in something. Ah well. It tasted good.
Chocolate Courgette Waffle Brownie Sandwiches
- 140g self raising flour
- 75g soya spread
- 55g cocoa
- 60g brown sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 50g soya yoghurt
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 60ml soya milk
- 100g courgette, grated
- pinch of salt
- ice cream/sorbet
- Fire up the waffle iron and put the flour into a bowl.
- Melt the soya spread, remove from heat and stir in the cocoa and sugars. Once a grainy consistency add the soya yoghurt and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour into the flour along with the soy milk and stir until combined.
- Fold in the grated courgette.
- Add 1/4 cup of the mixture into the waffle iron at a time and cook according to your machines
- Serve by sandwiching a scoop of ice cream between two waffles