Autumn Equinox Eats
Whenever I think of Autumn, I think cinnamon. Weirdly I’m not that big a fan (don’t you dare put that shit in my hot chocolate, seriously.) But I cannot resist cinnamon rolls. Sweet cinnamon goodness rolled in flaky pastry and then covered in icing sugar. Yum.
Particularly nice on a cold, wet evening.
Pretty sure I can waffle it.
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- 1 pack of Justrol cinnamon rolls
- icing sugar
- apple sauce
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- Heat up the waffle iron and slice the cinnamon rolls.
- When the iron is hot, pop the cinnamon rolls in one at a time and cook according to your machines instructions
- While the rolls are cooking, heat up apple sauce with a little maple syrup and some vanilla.
- Serve the rolls on top of warm apple sauce. Mix the icing sugar with some water and then drizzle over the waffles before devouring.
Oh man, these were so great. I loved them! Yeah you could make your own cinnamon rolls for this, but the convenience is half of the fun here. I want this to be my new breakfast from now on.