What Scooby Gang would eat if they were vegan
When I saw this prompt I immediately thought of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I’m a huge Buffy fan, so I’ll take any excuse to use it as inspiration in the kitchen.
During Mofo I ordered myself an old school fondue kit and I’ve been dying to use it since it arrived. Lucky for me, Buffy loves cheese!
I decided to do a Scooby Gang inspired fondue, with pizza waffled doughnuts, waffled weiners and a few extra bits. I chose a fondue recipe from The Uncheese Cookbook, so I won’t be posting it on here, but you can have my totally original doughnut recipe.
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 1 tbsp pesto
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a doughnut pan
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and bicarb in a bowl
- Mix together the milk, oil and cider vinegar in a jug and leave to curdle.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold through the tomato paste and pesto
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into the doughnut pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes