Favourite Herb or Spice?
As you all saw from my Kitchen Tour post, I have a pretty big herb and spice collection, so it would be impossible for me to pick just one. I thought I’d focus on one that I’ve just discovered in my own cooking, Black Onion Seeds. I don’t know why I bothered making curries without these beautiful things. They make everything taste awesome.
Spiced Gram Flour Waffles
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp black onion seeds
- First off you want to heat some oil in a pan and get the onions and black onion seeds frying off until golden.
- Heat up the waffle iron. Mix together the gram flour, water and a pinch of salt and stir until you have a thick batter.
- Stir in the onion mixture and use a 1/3 cup to scoop the mixture into the iron. Cook according to your waffle irons instructions