I promised you a sweet vegan pancake recipe…well, you’ve got it!
This is my go to crepe recipe. I make American style pancakes all year round, but rarely make crepes, so it always feels special to whip up this batter on Pancake Day. Whilst I love chocolate, oat cream, jam, nut butters and such, my favourite combination is the classic lemon juice and sugar. I like to keep it simple when it comes to crepes.
Simple Vegan Crepes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups of non dairy milk
- Whisk all the above ingredients together and set aside for 1o minutes or so.
- Heat a little oil in a pan. When super hot, pour a little of the batter in each time, lifting and turning the pan around in a circular motion to spread the batter around.
- These cook real fast, they’ll be ready to flip in just over 30 seconds. Flip and cook a little longer.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter
Smother these in lots of lemon and sugar, or whatever filling you desire.
I’d like to say I shared this plate with a loved one, but who am I kidding? I scoffed the lot and then had to lie down. Time for you all to do the same.
Thank me later!