Just popping in with a really easy and delicious recipe for you today. I managed to throw this together in about 10 minutes, so perfect for a quick dinner after a long day. As I’ve mentioned in recent posts…I’ve been exhausted just by existing recently, so I was really pleased that I could get some vegetables in my belly without falling asleep before they reach my plate.
Also a simple recipe to chop and change ingredients around if needed. I had an aubergine that was close to turning, so griddled some of that to pop on top but you could add crumbled tempeh, fried tofu or seitan, avocado, sesame seeds, it will all work well here.
Sesame Noodle Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lettuce
- a handful of black bean noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- splash of rice vinegar
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 a chilli, finely sliced
- a few tbsp of roasted peanuts, chopped
- aubergine, griddled (optional)
- First off, cook the noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes before draining and rinsing with cold water.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat a little oil in a pan and fry off the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds or so.
- Add to the cooked noodles along with the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and lime juice. Use your hands to mix it all through until the noodles are coated.
- Line up your lettuce leaves, place a small amount of noodles on before topping with spring onion, pepper, chilli, peanuts, coriander and a sliced of griddled aubergine (I just brushed a little sesame oil on and cooked it through on my griddle pan, easy)
- Drizzle a little extra sesame and lime juice on before stuffing in yer gob
Super easy right? Also so tasty. I’m not usually a fan of wrapping things in lettuce over delicious carbs but I will make exceptions for dishes like this.
I made the error of getting a baby gem lettuce so the leaves weren’t quite big enough, it was delicious and everything but I’m glad I was eating them alone in my bedroom…’cause I pretty much had to shove the whole thing in my mouth in one go and it was so not attractive.
Just a cautionary image for you all there…